Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Basic Lighting and Materials

    I wanted to light my scene to look kind of like the morning sun. I adjusted the color temp of the directional lighting and increased the intensity of the indirect lighting from the skylight. I also made a post processing volume to add lens flare, adjust color temp, darkened and colored the shadows to be cooler, and played with the saturation a bit. 


    On the lamps, I adjusted the materials to have the glass be emissive and added point lights inside them to make them glow. I also added some subtle lights outside of some of the windows the enhance the light coming in from outside.

    For the Fantasy House Props, I added these two vases and made a master material with a random base texture from the project file and then in the material instances adjusted the color, roughness, and metallic to make one look like clay and the other look kind of like glass. 


    Lumen is enabled and auto exposure is off! 

 

 References:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Orb Bridge High/Game Res

     Maya deserves death for spaghettifying my UVs and then refusing to open files that it previously had no issue loading.   UVs look gross...